Monday, October 3, 2011

before II

I almost threw up.  I couldn't tune out the sounds and the room felt like it was spinning.  I knew there was someone in that car but i was simply frozen.  Looking back I wish I had done something, yelled or tried to kill that gaunt, white ex-human that was smashing its arm to pieces on the glass of that car.  I simply couldn't function in any other capacity but to run away, put as much distance between it and me as i could.  I have no idea how i managed to get back into the front room and grab my bag and the rest of my stuff, but I know it took me a while to muster up the courage.  I could still hear it banging away, but I ran into that room just the same as if it were right in the kitchen.  Then i went out the back window, crawling through the window and down between the yew and the house, then out, dragging my bag.  I stopped and stood listening, my stomach twisting, head turned.  Then, after an what felt like minutes but was probably seconds, I heard another wet thud and ran for the woods that separated the back yard from the marsh behind the house.  Beyond the marsh: route nine.  And then just a few more miles to the only place I could think of to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment